Keep Your Huntsville Alabama Home Safe While Vacationing From Home
Read more or search homes for sale in Madison and Huntsville Alabama
Summer is now in full swing here in Huntsville Alabama and vacation plans may have you leaving your home in the very near future. Don't forget to take a few steps to ensure the safety of you and your home while you are away. Being prepared and aware of potential risks makes for a better vacation and homecoming...just use a little common sense.
5 Things To Remember To Keep Your Huntsville Alabama Home Safe While Vacationing From Home
- You cannot control your level of visibility entirely once you leave. If you post to social media, including Facebook and Pinterest, while on vacation you may be putting your home at risk. Sharing vacation photos are an obvious way of showing that you are away and may create an easier target for your home for thieves.
- Lock it up. From windows and doggie doors to gates and garage doors, the security of your Huntsville Alabama home requires diligence on your part. Don't let the rush of leaving for vacation make you forget to batten down the hatches throughout your home.
- Ask for some help. A trusted neighbor or friend can notify you if something looks out of place or odd while you are away. Or you can employ a house sitter for greater peace of mind. You may even find one who will water your plants, too!
- Consider installing an alarm or timed lighting system prior to your vacation. Both can deter possible intruders.
- Truly vacation while away and plan a day to get organized when you get back. Placing your mail and delivery services on hold while away are very important, too. In my opinion as little as 1 newspaper, forgotten milk bottles on your porch or long ago emptied garbage cans left on the street signal to everyone that you are probably not home or something is wrong. Plus, having planned an extra day to recover from your travel to go through mail and grocery shop may also allow you time for the first tip mentioned...now you can post those vacation photos to social media.
If you need a knowledgeable real estate professional in Madison or Huntsville Alabama area, why don't you let me Google that for you! I also know outstanding agents in all states and Canada should you need help relocating to a new area.